Teaching assistants:Yehuda Arav
Limor Ben Efraim
Course time and location
Lecture :Monday, 1200-1400, Math. 2
Thursday, 1200-1400, Math 2
Exercise Class :Sun: 2pm-4pm, Shprinzak 215
Tue: 10am-12am, Shprinzak 27
Tue: 4pm-6pm, Shprinzak 117
Wed: 2pm-4pm,Shprinzak 214
Reception Hour :Ido BregmanRoss 22. Monday, 14:00-15:00Assistants:Yehuda - Silvermann Floor 2, Section 3 Room 222 (Call before: 6585956 or send email). Sunday, 16:00-17:00
Limor - Ross Floor -1, Room 25 (Call before: 6584805 or send email). Tuesday, 18:00-19:00
You must register for the course so that we can give you grades during the semester.
- Use your CS login name and password.
- See your grades online. These will be available as soon as we finish checking the exercises.
- Submit Exercises HERE
- News group : local.course.dlocs.ta
- For questions about the lectures and the exercises material or time changes, which will interest all of you.
- You must read the news group on a regular basis. Any message that is posted in this news group will be considered known by all.
- For discussions about the course. The course staff will not read this newsgroup regularly.
- E-mail : email@example.com
- For personal questions or problems you may have (including but not limited to Miluim, Sick leave, life stories and engaging anecdotes).
- Do not send mail directly to our personal accounts.
- Home page : www.cs.huji.ac.il/~dlocs
- This page.
- All of the course material can be accessed using the home page.
See tirgul lecture 1 for a comple syllabus.
Slides of Lectures
Lecture The lectures of 2004 1,2 ppt pdf 3a ppt pdf 3b ppt pdf 4 ppt pdf 5 ppt pdf 6 ppt pdf 7 ppt pdf 8+9 ppt pdf 10 ppt pdf 11 12
Week Material (Chapter numbers from syllabus) Exercise Tirgul Submission date 1 Chapter 1 pdf ppt Sunday , 19 March Solution to ex1 pdf (thanks to Inbal Babayoff) 2 Chapter 2.1 to 2.3 pdf ppt Sunday , 26 March Solution to ex2 pdf (thanks to Inbal Babayoff) 3 Chapter 2.4 to 2.5 pdf ppt Sunday 2 April Tirgul: Proof of Demorgan pdf ppt Solution to ex3 pdf (thanks to Inbal Babayoff) 4 Chapter 2.6 to 2.7 pdf ppt Sunday 23 April Solution to ex4 pdf (thanks to Inbal Babayoff) 5 Chapter 3 Large Exercise pdf pdf ppt Sunday 7 May TKgate toturial 6 Chapter 4 -- The material in the tirgul is in the extra materis (see additional slides on the material) BCD Adder 7 Chapter 5 pdf ppt Sunday 14 May 8 Chapter 6 Sunday 21 May Solution to Exercise 7 (and Q2 from 6) pdf 9 Chapter 7 pdf ppt See notes at the top of the page. Sunday 11 June Solution to exercise 8 10 Chapter 7 pdf ppt Sunday 2 July Example of a circuit with RAM. THE RAM Example Example of a tty The TTY
Additional Slides on the material.
|Number bases||ps pdf|
|Fixed and Floating Point||ps pdf|
|Boolean Algebra||ps pdf|
|Karnaugh Maps||ps pdf|
|Timing in combinatorical circuits|
|Adders, substractors and comparators|
|Encoders decoders and MUX|