I am a biostatistician at Janssen R&D in New Jersey in the Statistical Modeling & Methodology Group. I also collaborate with Shai Carmi at Hebrew University on research in preimplantation genetic testing and statistical genetics. I got my PhD in biostatistics from the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, where my adviser was Jeff Goldsmith.
Peer Reviewed Articles
- D. Zeevi, D. Backenroth, Hakam-Spector, P. Renbaum, T. Mann, F. Zahdeh, R. Segel, S. Zeligson, T. Eldar-Geva, I. Ben-Ami, A. Ben Yehuda, S. Carmi, G. Altarescu (2021). Expanded clinical validation of Haploseek for comprehensive preimplantation genetic testing. Genetics in Medicine.
- D. Backenroth (2021). How to choose a time zero for patients in external control arms. Pharmaceutical Statistics.
- D. Backenroth, R.T. Shinohara, J. Schrack, J. Goldsmith (2020). Non-negative decomposition of functional count data. Biometrics.
- D. Backenroth, S. Carmi (2019). A test for deviations from expected genotype frequencies on the X chromosome for sex-biased admixed populations. Heredity.
- D. Backenroth, F. Zahdeh, Y. Kling, A. Peretz, T. Rosen, D. Kort, S. Zeligson, T. Dror, S. Kirshberg, E. Burak, R. Segel, E. Levy-Lahad, D. Zangen, G. Altarescu, D. Zeevi, S. Carmi (2018). Haploseek: a 24-hour all-in-one method for preimplanation genetic diagnosis (PGD) of monogenic disease and aneuploidy. Genetics in Medicine.
- D. Backenroth, Z. He, K. Kiryluk, B. Xu, L. Pethukova, B. Vardarajan, E. Khurana, A. Christiano, J. Buxbaum, I. Ionita-Laza (2018). FUN-LDA: A latent Dirichlet allocation model for predicting tissue-specific functional effects of noncoding variation. American Journal of Human Genetics.
- D. Backenroth, J. Goldsmith, M. Harran, J. Cortes, J. Krakauer, T. Kitago (2018). Modeling motor learning using heteroskedastic functional principal components analysis. Journal of the American Statistical Association.
- D. Backenroth, H. Chase, Y. Wei, C. Friedman (2017). Monitoring prescribing patterns using regression and electronic health records. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making.
- D. Backenroth, H. Chase, C. Friedman, Y. Wei (2016). Using rich data on comorbidities in case-control study design with electronic health record data improves control of confounding in the detection of adverse drug reactions. PLOS ONE.
- S.M. Lee, D. Backenroth, Y.K. Cheung, D.L. Hershman, D. Vulih, B. Anderson, P. Ivy, L. Minasian (2016). Case example of dose optimization using data from Bortezomib dose-finding clinical trials. Journal of Clinical Oncology.
- D. Backenroth, J. Homsy, L.R. Murillo, J. Glessner, E. Lin, M. Brueckner, R. Lifton, E. Goldmuntz, W.K. Chung, Y. Shen (2014). CANOES: Detecting rare copy number variants from whole exome sequencing data. Nucleic Acids Research.
Articles under review